Wilshere: I'll miss three months of Arsenal action

Jack Wilshere will be sidelined for up to two months due to his ankle injury. Wilshere has just tweeted: “I can confirm I will be out for around 2-3 months! I am working hard in the gym to stay fit and I am gutted but I will be back stronger!”
Both Sky Sports and the Beeb had been reporting that Arsenal have confiemd the Sunday Mirror story this morning that the 19-year-old will be out for a lengthy spell. Then JW himself took to Twitter to bring us the news.
But only last night Wilshere told Ian Wright on his Absolute Radio show that he had a “slight injury”. Very confusing.
Wilshere has missed the start of the new season for Arsenal and is said to be currently wearing a surgical boot to protect the injury and it seems he will not be in action until November.
Arsenal are refusing to rush Wilshere back (something that he confirmed to Wright) as they do not want him to suffer any relapse. It is reported that Wilshere is not expected to return to light training until next month and it is unlikely he will be able to be available for Arsene Wenger until November at the earliest.
Perhaps this explains AW’s recruitment policy on the last day of the transfer deadline.

LOGIN to Comment
LOGIN to Comment