Arsene Wenger has admitted he wants to recruit three top players for Arsenal before the transfer window shuts.
And the Frenchman has stated that he is ready to spend some of the £100million transfer kitty at his disposal.
But the Gunners boss has refused to discuss whether he is still pursuing Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez.
Arsenal had a £40million and a quid bid turned down by Liverpool, who have said the striker is not for sale.
And although the Gunners were linked with Manchester United forward Rooney, David Moyes insists he isn’t available either.
Speaking to the media ahead of tomorrow’s Premier League encounter with Aston Villa at the Emirates, Wenger said: “It’s not a question of spending the money it’s a question of finding the right players.
“We are not scared to spend money. We want the right players we look more for quality than for numbers. The first request is the quality to player for Arsenal.
“After the number comes in, yes we would like two or three players, if possible more. But we won’t compromise on the quality of the players.”
Meanwhile, Wenger has admitted he shares fans’ frustrations at the lack of arrivals at Arsenal so far this summer.
He said: “I understand every frustration, you have so many frustrated people, but what is important is the quality of what you do on the pitch, so let’s not create a crisis from nothing.
“We just played a good game last week against Manchester City so let’s transfer that to the next game and not start to convince everybody that the quality of the team that starts on Saturday will be linked with the number of players we buy between today and tomorrow.
“The quality of the team will be linked with the performance of every player who plays against Aston Villa.”