Arsenal capture Real Madrid star on loan deal

Arsene Wenger

Real Madrid have agreed to let their young striker Alvaro Morata join Arsenal for a six-month loan deal in January. (Metro)

The source of this report is the Spanish radio station Onda Cero, according to whom, the 21-year-old centre-forward was given the choice to leave Santiago Bernabeu in January for more first-team football, and he chose the Emirates Stadium to be his temporary home. It’s believed that Tottenham were also in the running for his signature, but the player rejected them for the Gunners.

Morata plays second fiddle to Karim Benzema at Real and has scored just twice in 12 games so far this season, although a majority of those appearances have been from bench.

Corinthians Reportedly Reject Arsenal’s Pato Bid

Arsenal FC’s £6.5million offer for Brazil star Alexandre Pato has reportedly been rejected by his current club Corinthians, claims Lancenet.

The former AC Milan striker joined Corinthians earlier this year for £10.4m with the hope of getting his career back on track. While his fitness and health problems have improved – he has played 56 games this calendar year already – his performances have not.

A goal tally of just 17 in 56 games in the attack-friendly Brazilian Serie A isn’t that impressive, but that hasn’t deterred coach Arsene Wenger from making a move for the 24-year-old.

Pato is so out-of-form these days that he was recently booed by his own club’s fans. As a result, Corinthians are looking to part ways with the once-coveted attacker, but they want to recuperate all of the fee they paid to the Rossoneri to secure his signing in January. It is unclear whether the Gunners will return with another offer.

Pellegrini to Block Dzeko’s City Exit

Arsenal hopes of signing Eden Dzeko in the upcoming winter transfer window have received a major blow, as Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has made it clear that the Bosnia international is going nowhere.

The Gunners had made Dzeko one of their priority signings due to the lack of forward options in their first-team squad. The 27-year-old is struggling for game time at Etihad Stadium, which made even more sense for the two parties to strike a deal.

However, City’s Chilean boss says there is no chance of Dzeko leaving the club next month. In a recent interview, when enquired about the out-of-favour centre-forward’s future, he said: “No, that is not the case [that Dzeko could be sold]. I put my trust in him before the season and I have just as much trust in him now. It is very important for this club to have a good squad because we have a lot of games to play from now until April and, if we want to win trophies, we need important players.”

Pellegrini then hinted that Dzeko’s situation at the club would improve by saying: “Maybe at the moment he is not playing as much as he would like, but he remains an important part of the squad.”

Arsenal and Chelsea Target Staying at Schalke

Arsenal and Chelsea’s transfer target Max Meyer has committed himself to Schalke by adding three more years to his contract with the Bundesliga club.

It was recently speculated in the German press that Chelsea are keen to sign the 18-year-old wunderkind for a rumoured transfer fee of £12.5million. Arsenal were also believed to be monitoring the youngster’s situation.

However, it seems that the player won’t be leaving Germany anytime soon, thanks to the extension he has just signed. “It is excellent news for the club,” said Schalke GM Horst Heldt.

“Many professionals in the game have predicted a great career in football for him. His development in the past few months has been almost breathtaking.”

Tigers Confident of Upsetting Arsenal – Meyler

Hull City midfielder David Meyler believes his club can cause a second upset in as many games when they take on Arsenal FC on Wednesday night at the Emirates Stadium. (Hull Daily Mail)

The Tigers successfully overcame Liverpool 3-1 at KC Stadium on Sunday, but their next assignment is arguably the toughest one in the entire division at the moment. However, Meyler says they aren’t scared and would like to hand the same treatment to the Gunners as they did to the Reds at the weekend.

He said: “It’s great for the confidence of everyone. Everyone is delighted and everyone is thrilled. We have to look forward to Arsenal and concentrate on that. We’ve got to go there and put on a hell of a show again. We need to play in the exact same way if we’re going to give them a run for their money.

“We’ll have to be even better against the likes of (Mesut) Ozil, (Jack) Wilshere and (Aaron) Ramsey, who’s on absolute fire at the minute. We’ve got to go there and stick to a game plan again and work hard. It’s a tight-knit squad where we’re all the best of pals and we’ll look forward to Arsenal.”

Pastore Rejects PSG Exit Reports

Paris Saint-Germain superstar Javier Pastore says there is not truth in reports linking him with moves away from the Ligue 1 leaders.

The Paris-based outfit bought Pastore from Palermo for £40million in 2011, but the Argentine playmaker has failed to justify his price tag. He is not a regular starter for coach Laurent Blanc, which has led to media churning reports that clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool want to take him off PSG’s hands.

However, the player has declared that he is going nowhere by telling French radio station RMC: “All these rumours are false and have nothing to do with the reality of the situation.”